It’s been a busy start to 2022 at Super. We’re excited to update you with all the improvements and changes, and how we’re growing!
The first three months of the year have been some of our most busy — both from how much we’ve been working on and from a customer onboarding perspective. We continue to grow at an incredible rate, and we’re really thankful to all our existing and new customers for supporting us. So many of you are seeing the benefits of having a super fast, scalable and easy to manage website based on Notion.
We’ve also grown the team too. There are now five of us in the core team which means we can get on top of issues faster and start to accelerate some of our product improvements and new features. This quarter you have seen and perhaps used some of these already. With Notion releasing new features faster than ever, we have our work cut out for us keeping up. But it also means we know that managing your content in Notion is just going to keep getting better.
Recent updates and improvements
We heard you. Creating your site is fun, but managing your site should be hassle free too. Here are some of the significant improvements we’ve made to Super over the last quarter:
- Drag and drop pages — Organizing your site and setting up the custom URLs has never been easier - drag the pages where you want them and Super will update the URLs and paths automatically. No need to worry about the page structure in Notion.
- Custom domain improvements — We’ve added better DNS checking, more informative error messages and better guidance to help you get your domain connected right the first time. Support tickets for connecting domains have all but disappeared.
- More informative error messages — We’ve taken the time to add more UI feedback when you do things like save changes or add pages for example. There’s still more to do, but now most of the time you’ll get something more informative than “An error occurred.”
- Cleaner, crisper Dashboard interface — We’ve tightened up the dashboard user interface so it’s easier to read and use.
- Page Sync improvements — We’ve made some massive improvements to our Notion page sync times reducing updates to as little as 10 seconds while maintaining the lightning fast page performance.
- Support more of Notion — We’ve added support for some important Notion features. Simple table, database views, database grouping, breadcrumbs, toggle headings, advanced lists, and the remaining embed blocks are all working in Super now.
We’re working hard on our next major feature release and are beyond excited to launch the biggest and best feature since the version 2 update! 🤫
Page Sync Improvements
We’ve made some massive improvements to our Notion page sync times reducing updates to as little as 10 seconds while maintaining the lightning fast page performance.
Seeing your updated content on your site is exciting and essential. And not having to worry about whether the content has synced is even more important so you can continue to focus on creating and engaging instead of managing your website.
This is why we did some significant adjustments and tuning of our caching and page syncing. Now your content can be synced to Super in the background in as little as five seconds and out to the scalable content delivery network in another five seconds.
Support for more Notion blocks and features
We’ve been working hard to keep up with Notion as they release many new features, and whilst the exciting new updates to databases created a few hiccups for us, we were able to get on top of them quicker than ever before. We also released support for some of the cool new block types and databases.
- Database views — Now you can publish your database views on your Super site giving your users better control over navigating your site without overwhelming them with complex filters.
- Database groups — When you have a database view that is grouped, Super now supports the grouping information, making it easier to get the data structure you need.
- Toggle headings — Surprisingly popular request, we have added support for this block type.
- Breadcrumb block — The coolest block you didn’t realize you needed. The breadcrumb path reflects the path structure of your Super site, not your Notion structure. It just makes so much sense.
- Simple tables — Simply the most requested Notion feature recently, and the best way to make a feature comparison table in Super.
- New Notion database support — Subtle changes in the way Notion presented database information meant that there were more variations of databases we needed to discover and then support.
Page performance is your superpower
We continue to improve page performance by optimizing everything to do with how a page is delivered and rendered. Our page render times now typically average around one second and this is critical for SEO performance and user engagement.
Page performance is the principle advantage of using Super as your website builder. Ideally, you'll want your website to load within three seconds, or two seconds if it's an e-commerce site. The two-to-three second mark is the turning point where bounce rates skyrocket – in fact, 40% of consumers will wait no more than three seconds before abandoning a site.
We’re able to achieve this incredible performance by building static versions of your Notion pages and do away with the five to ten second dynamic page builds you see with Notion and other Notion site builders.
We’re still just getting started
We have lots of amazing new features planned for this year. We’re committed to ensuring you have a robust, stable and exciting platform where you can focus on your content, your business, your customers, and let Super take the hard work and worry away from managing your website.
Super is the go to place for Notion users to make websites. We’re committed to providing you with the easiest and most elegant solution for creating lighting fast, powerful and highly optimized websites using the latest and greatest in web tech without needing any coding skills. Thank you for being part of this journey!