Notion users find themselves hooked to the tool. Right from managing teams to maintaining a habit tracker, they use Notion for everything. That’s because it makes it super-convenient to store everything in one place, without having to switch tabs.
Furthermore, Notion allows you to add elements to your pages that make your content look aesthetically pleasing. You can add dividers, neatly arrange your content into columns, embed elements, etc.
Adding a clock widget to Notion serves two purposes: It makes it convenient to check time so that you meet deadlines and attend meetings seamlessly. It also adds a flavor of design to your page.
By adding time to Notion, you obviate the need to switch attention from the task at hand to check out the time. You need not check your mobile phone and get distracted by notifications.
In this blog post, we will show you how to add a clock to Notion in five simple steps.
Let’s get started.
1. Copy the URL of the clock widget
The first step is to select a clock widget that aligns with the overall aesthetics of your Notion page. This ensures that the clock becomes an integrated and visually cohesive element of your design.
Begin by searching Google for a suitable widget, exploring options to find one that aligns with both your preferences and the mood of your Notion page. Once you've identified the ideal clock widget, proceed to customize its colors, aligning them with the overall design scheme to maintain visual consistency.
After completing these customization steps, the final action is to copy the embed code provided by the clock widget. This code captures your color preferences, widget size, and other details.
As an example for this article, we have chosen Logwork’s clock widget.
2. Open the page where you want to insert the clock
Next, go to the Notion page where you want to add the clock widget. It could be a page you already have or a new Notion page. For this example, we will use our "Agency Dashboard" page, shown in the screenshot below:
3. Paste the URL
Simply position your cursor where you want the clock on the page and then use the keyboard shortcut CMD/CTRL + V to paste the link.
4. Choose the embed option
As soon as you paste the URL, Notion displays a list of options — as demonstrated in the below image.
You get to retain the URL as it is or embed it. Choose the “embed” option. This prompts Notion to embed the clock widget, as displayed in the below screenshot.
5. Resize the clock widget
You can now resize the clock widget to make it the right size for your page.
Notice the outlines that appear when you hover over the clock widget (see the below image)
You can click on them and drag inwards or outwards to resize the widget.
Unable to embed clock in Notion? Here’s why:
Several reasons might be behind the difficulty in embedding a clock widget in Notion. Here are some potential issues and solutions:
- Permission Settings:
- Issue: The user may not have the necessary permissions to embed content on the Notion page.
- Solution: Ensure that the user has the appropriate permissions or contact the workspace admin to grant necessary access.
- Unsupported Content:
- Issue: The clock widget may use a format or code that is not supported by Notion.
- Solution: Check Notion's documentation or community forums to confirm if the specific widget is compatible, and consider using a supported alternative.
- Code Errors:
- Issue: Errors in the embed code may prevent successful integration.
- Solution: Double-check the code for any syntax errors or typos. Ensure that you are copying the complete and accurate embed code provided by the clock widget.
- Widget Compatibility:
- Issue: The clock widget may not be designed for embedding or may lack the necessary sharing options.
- Solution: Confirm that the chosen clock widget provides an embeddable code. If not, explore alternative widgets with proper embedding functionality.
- Internet Connectivity:
- Issue: Poor or unstable internet connectivity may disrupt the embedding process.
- Solution: Ensure a stable internet connection before attempting to embed the clock widget. Refresh the page and try again if connectivity issues persist.
- Notion Updates:
- Issue: Outdated versions of Notion may not support certain embedding features.
- Solution: Check for updates to Notion and ensure that you are using the latest version to benefit from any bug fixes or improvements.