You may want to organize your Pinterest based business on Notion, or just use Pinterest boards and pins to make your Notion pages aesthetic. Irrespective of your goals, you need to be able to embed your Pinterest assets on Notion to use both platforms together.
Also, you should be able to share your Pinterest Notion pages or even make them public to allow access to only a selected audience. Notion not only lets you embed Pinterest boards and pins but also allows you to treat them as regular Notion blocks. This means, you have the same flexibility as with other elements of Notion.
Here are 4 steps to embedding Pinterest boards in Notion:
1. Initiate an Embed block
Create a new Notion page (or open an existing one) where you want to add the Pinterest board and type “/embed”. This will pull up the embed block view, click on it to create an empty block on your page.
Here’s what the empty embed block looks like:
2. Add link to your Pinterest board
Log into Pinterest and go to the board that you want to embed in Notion. The board can be from any account, you can embed it as long as it is public.
Here’s the Pinterest board that we will embed in Notion:
Copy the URL of the board and jump back to Notion. Your empty embed block is still waiting for the URL. Paste the URL and click on the “Embed link” button.
That’s it! Your Pinterest board will start to show in Notion.
3. Resize the Pinterest preview
You can resize the Pinterest board by adjusting the borders.
Just click on any edge of the board preview and pull it in or out to resize it.
4. Share your Notion page
Your Pinterest boards need not be accessible to all your team members. Some are meant for specific teams, or maybe just for you. This means, you should have an option to keep it private. Notion does offer that feature.
To share your Pinterest boards with a specific audience you can click on the “...” icon at the top-right corner of your screen and add people you want to share access with.
Are you unable to embed your Pinterest boards in Notion? Here’s why:
If you are unable to embed Pinterest in Notion, you might want to check the below items:
- URL Accuracy: Double-check the accuracy of the copied Pinterest board or pin URL pasted into the Notion 'Embed' block. Even a minor error in this step can impede the widget's proper functioning.
- Network Connectivity: Verify your internet connection; a weak or unstable connection can disrupt the widget's loading process. The embed block does not function when Notion’s offline.
- Pinterest Updates: Changes or updates on Pinterest's end, especially in embedding mechanisms or URLs, may temporarily affect the widget's functionality in Notion. Allow time for platforms to sync and adapt to these alterations.
- Browser Compatibility: Confirm you're using a compatible, up-to-date browser that supports Notion's embedding features. Outdated or incompatible browsers might hinder the seamless display of embedded widgets. Best use Google Chrome or Firefox for Notion.
- Pinterest Privacy Settings: Ensure that the Pinterest board or pin you're trying to embed has appropriate privacy settings. If the board is set to private (a secret board), it cannot be embedded in Notion. Only public Pinterest boards and pins can be embedded into Notion.
How to embed a Pinterest picture in Notion?
You can easily embed your Pinterest images (also known as pins) by copying the image URL, pasting in your Notion page, and commanding Notion to “Create Embed”.
Can you add a Pinterest widget to Notion?
You can add Pinterest boards and pins to Notion only with the help of the Notion embed block. Pinterest doesn't offer a native widget specifically designed for direct integration into Notion.
How to embed private Pinterest boards?
You can’t embed private Pinterest boards in Notion because Pinterest’s commitment to privacy and security, restricts the embedding of secret boards in external platforms. If your aim is to showcase Pinterest content privately, consider directly sharing the Pinterest board with your intended audience.
How to embed multiple boards in Notion?
Embedding multiple Pinterest boards into a single Notion page is entirely doable and serves as a superb way to neatly organize and centralize related content. Here's how: follow the same steps we discussed for embedding a Pinterest board in Notion. Rinse and repeat for each additional Pinterest board you fancy embedding on that very Notion page. Feel free to adjust the size and arrangement of these embedded boards within Notion to suit your taste. This allows you to adeptly manage and present multiple Pinterest boards within a single, streamlined page.
Can you view embedded Pinterest content in mobile devices?
Yes, the Pinterest boards you embed in Notion will smoothly adjust to the smaller screens — mobile phones or tablets. The Pinterest content is displayed responsively, ensuring you can effortlessly navigate and interact with the embedded boards, just as you would on a desktop. No matter if you're on iOS or Android, you can access these integrated Pinterest boards within Notion.
Is it possible to integrate Notion and Pinterest?
Yes, Notion and Pinterest do integrate. You can seamlessly embed Pinterest boards or pins into your Notion pages using the 'Embed' block feature in Notion. This integration allows you to organize and display Pinterest-based content within your Notion workspace.