Collecting user data is essential to many businesses and online creators. If you need to add a form to your Super site, embedding is simple and fast.
Why use forms on your site?
Any form or survey a user can interact with is a powerful addition to your website. From collecting any type of information to automating parts of your business (like getting new project leads), forms will give you the data you need.
Notion has a versatile range of compatible embeds, which forms being one of them. With forms on your site, you can:
- Generate leads with a contact or registration form
- Receive payments and donations using a checkout
- Enable product or service orders
- Grow your newsletter with a subscription form
- Collect feedback and user research data
- Create surveys, quizzes, and questionnaires
- Receive job applications
- Process employee and client onboarding
- And much more
Overview of adding a form to your site
Tally form builder is popular among Notion users. No surprise because it seamlessly embeds onto your Notion page and has plenty of free features. Adding a Tally form to your Super site follows these steps:
- Set up your Notion site in Super
- Create a Tally form
- Customize the form settings
- Copy and paste the form embed code to your Super site
Set up your Notion site in Super
To add a form, use an existing Super site or create a new one by adding content to Notion and syncing the site to Super. Read our guide to learn more about creating your first site with Notion and Super.
Create a Tally form
Sign up with Tally and create your first form. You can build the form from scratch or use one of the templates. Once the form is ready:
- Click Publish
- Go to the Share tab and choose between Standard or Popup form
- Configure options using the form preview to check how your form will look
A Standard Tally form will permanently show on your Super site. If you have a website with a white background, Tally recommends disabling the Transparent background toggle.
A Popup form appears on your site following a user trigger. Tally offers a few different triggers for you to pick from:
- On button click
- On page load
- After elapsed time
- On exit intent
- After scrolling
You can learn more about popup settings in this Tally guide.
Add the embed code to your Super site
For a Standard form—do this in Notion
- Click Copy embed link from Tally
- And paste it on your Notion page
- When prompted, select Create embed
You can drag the embed to adjust its size.
If you use a Popup form—do this in Super and Notion
- Click the type of form you want in Tally and get the embed code (1)
- Click Get the code and go to your Super site dashboard
- In the Code page, paste the embed code (1) in the Head or Body tab, and press Save
- Next get the URL from Tally (2) and make a link on your Notion page by selecting the text you want to make a link and pasting the URL.
- When this syncs to Super, clicking the link will open the Tally form
Using another form provider?
If you use an alternative form builder, get the embed link from your form provider. Head into your Notion, paste the URL, and select Create embed. Your form should appear in Notion and on your Super site.
If the form doesn’t appear, you can embed the code using a Notion code block and our Super community-generated script that runs your code. To learn more, read our guide here.
For help on what to work on next, take a look at these guides:
- Learn how to organize your site using pages
- Connect a custom website domain
- Optimize your site for search engines to increase visibility